Roodeberg Red 2006

This all-occasion, easy-drinking, medium-bodied red wine has summer berry aromas, complimented by smoky and spicy oak flavours.

Enjoy this wine on its own and as an accompaniment to roast, grilled and bar-b-que'd meat and chicken.

variety : Cabernet Sauvignon [ Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Shiraz ]
winemaker : The Winemaking Team
wine of origin : Coastal
analysis : alc : 14.20 % vol  rs : 2.41 g/l  pH : 3.50  ta : 5.62 g/l  
type : Red  style : Dry  body : Medium   wooded
pack : Bottle  closure : Cork  

in the vineyard : South Africa's vineyards are mostly situated in the Western Cape near the coast. This is the southernmost region of the African continent, and has a Mediterranean type climate and diverse soils perfectly suited to quality grape production.

This was among the trickiest of Cape vintages. It was hot and exceptionally dry. Grape ripening generally was early by 2 -3 weeks and often uneven, compounding uneven spring budburst. Exceptionally small berries resulted in concentrated flavours and promising colours.

about the harvest: Harvesting took place from February to middle March.

in the cellar : Specially chosen grapes were harvested at optimal ripeness and fermented dry on the skins. The wine was allowed to undergo malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks before 90% of the wine was matured in 300 liter, 2nd fill and 3rd fill French oak barrels for 14 - 16 months. The other 10% was matured in new 300 liter French Oak barrels. It was then blended and bottled.

find our wines in :

OTHER VINTAGES

Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon
Cabernet Sauvignon