Franschhoek Cellar - Our Town Hall Chardonnay 2009

This partly barrel fermented wine has fresh tropical and citrus fruit on the nose. On the palate the wine has a fruit core of marmalade and mango flavours as well as a hint of spice. The wine has very good length and concentration on the palate and finishes rich and creamy.

Best served chilled at 6° to 8°C. This wine can be enjoyed on its own, but also complements seafood and slow roasted chicken.

variety : Chardonnay [ 100% Chardonnay ]
winemaker : Stephan Smit
wine of origin : Coastal
analysis : alc : 13.5 % vol  rs : 4.0 g/l  pH : 3.5  ta : 5.7 g/l  
type : White  style : Dry  body : Medium   wooded
pack : Bottle  closure : Screwcap  

ageing : Enjoy now or within 4 years from vintage.

in the vineyard : Age of vines: Vineyards vary in age from 4 - 15 years.
Climate: Cool growing season with extended sunlight for slow ripening.
Soils: The vineyards are planted in very particular soil types to allow for optimum vine growth balance and quality. Trellis: Trellised
Yield: Between 4 and 10 tons per hectare.

about the harvest: Grapes were harvested by hand in January and February at an average ripeness of 24° Balling. 

in the cellar : This wine was partly barrel fermented (40%) with the remainder being unwooded and tank fermented (60%). The wooded component gives the wine its subtle spice and creaminess, while the unwooded component lifts the clean cut fruit on the nose and palate. Lees contact with monthly batinage was given for 6 months.

find our wines in :