Savanha Sun Sauvignon Blanc 2010

A medium bodied wine with tropical fruit aromas comes to the nose with subtle hints of green pepper and grassiness. On the palate a fresh crisp wine, with flavours of green and yellow appels. A well balanced structured wine with a lingering aftertaste.

Serve with seafood dishes, salads and cheese.

variety : Sauvignon Blanc | 100% Sauvignon Blanc
winery : Savanha
winemaker : Anton Swarts
wine of origin : Western Cape
analysis : alc : 12.5 % vol  rs : 4-5 g/l  pH : 3.1  ta : 6.3 g/l  
type : White  style : Dry  body : Medium  taste : Fruity  
pack : Bottle  closure : Cork  

in the vineyard : W.O Western Cape, 49% of this wine was predominately sourced from theBreedekloof area and the remaining 51% from the Coastal areas (Stellenbosch +Paarl wards) within the Western Cape. Trellised vines and bush vines planted ineast west directions yielded the grapes for this wine.  The vines are 7 – 15 years old, receivedsupplementary irrigation and produced 10 – 14 tons per hectare.

about the harvest: Grapes were picked at ±23.5°B and hand-sorted before crushing.Temperature controlled, slow, fermentation took place at ±12-15ºB in stainlesssteel tanks, with selected yeast strains, until dry. The wine was matured onthe primary lees for 3-4 months, blended and prepared for bottling.

find our wines in :

OTHER VINTAGES

Sauvignon Blanc
Sauvignon Blanc
Sauvignon Blanc