Laborie Limited Collection Pinot Noir 2015

This elegant wine shows prominent aromas of sour cherries, strawberries and rose petals with earthy notes. It has a finely textured palate with silky tannin, abundant flavour and a vibrant finish.

Enjoy this wine on its own or with beef carpaccio, roast pork with herbs and fennel or mushroom risotto.

variety : Pinot Noir | 100% Pinot Noir
winery : Laborie Wines
winemaker : The Winemaking Team
wine of origin : Western Cape
analysis : alc : 13.58 % vol  rs : 2.95 g/l  pH : 3.46  ta : 5.49 g/l  
type : Rose  style : Dry  
pack : 0  size : 0  closure : 0  

ageing : Enjoy now or cellar for up to four years.

in the vineyard : The winter preceding the 2016 vintage was cold enough to ensure good rest, it broke under far drier conditions than normal. Bud break was generally even and on schedule, with the exception of Sauvignon Blanc. Heat spiked in October and while gentle breezes favoured good set, some varieties remained inconsistent - even within the same bunch or cluster. The significantly smaller harvest coupled with the dry conditions induced earlier ripening. Late December and early January brought the heat with a six-week period where temperatures regularly rose above 35°C. Reds looked very good whereas whites were challenging due to lower acids, but the winemaking team were up to the challenge and produced a solid performance.

in the cellar : A 30% portion of this wine was matured for nine months in new French oak barrels and the other 70%, in second and third fill barrels.

find our wines in :


Pinot Noir