Stellenrust Chenin Blanc 2011

Pineapple jumps from the bottle. This Chenin Blanc shows whispers of soft vanilla oak notes on the nose and some tropical fruits with an mineral palate of grape fruit and peardrop.

A great accompaniment to dishes such as smoked chicken salad on a warm summer's day or thinly sliced carpaccio served on a bed of rocket with a lemon olive oil and black pepper dressing.

variety : Chenin Blanc | 100% Chenin Blanc
winemaker : Tertius Boshof
wine of origin : Bottelary Hills, Stellenbosch
analysis : alc : 13.5 % vol  rs : 6.7 g/l  pH : 3.3  ta : 5.7 g/l  
type : White  style : Off Dry  
pack : Bottle  closure : Cork  

AWARDS
2012 Veritas Wine Awards - Silver Medal
in the vineyard : 2011 was an extremely dry vintage. We experienced very little rain if any. Sunburn and rot were major problems to deal with. Chenin Blanc however was one of the favourites that stand out from the current vintage.

Vineyards
30 - 40 year old bushvines Bottelary Hills, Stellenbosch

in the cellar : 
The grapes were crushed, the juice allowed to settle and 20% were taken to 3rd and 4th fill barrels for fermentation. The other 80% were tank fermented. Both wines were kept on its primary lees for 5 months, blended and then bottled.

Time spent on lees
5 months 20% in older French oak

find our wines in :

OTHER VINTAGES

Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc
Chenin Blanc