Tokara Chardonnay 2010

The wine has a brilliant golden straw colour. There is an abundance of fresh fruit aromas on the nose; ripe honeydew melon, pineapple, peach and citrus fruit; with a hint of toasted oak. The palate is fresh and fruit driven with a creamy mid palate, a hint of toast on the finish with a long zesty after taste.

A perfect pairing with fish and chicken dishes!

variety : Chardonnay [ 100% Chardonnay ]
winemaker : Miles Mossop
wine of origin : Western Cape
analysis : alc : 13.74 % vol  rs : 2.2 g/l  pH : 3.36  ta : 6.9 g/l  va : 0.46 g/l  so2 : 37 mg/l  fso2 : 37 mg/l  
type : White  style : Dry  body : Medium  taste : Fruity   wooded
pack : Bottle  closure : Screwcap  

ageing : Drink now through to 2014.

in the vineyard : The grapes originated from TOKARA‚Äôs three properties in Stellenbosch, Elgin and the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley (Walker Bay). The vines were cropped between 3 and 6 t/ha.

about the harvest: The grapes were picked at optimal ripeness with sugars between 20 and 24 degrees brix and acidities ranging from 6 to 9 g/l.

in the cellar : The grapes were de-stemmed, crushed and pressed without maceration to stainless steel tanks for overnight settling, after which the juice was racked and run to barrel with a certain percentage of lees added back. 20% of the wine fermented in stainless steel tanks while the other 80% went to small burgundy barrels for fermentation. The juice was inoculated with selected yeast and fermentation took place from anything between 15 and 35 days.The wine spent between 9 months in barrel and stainless steel ageing on the gross lees with regular lees stirring. All the barrels used were French oak with 20% being new and the rest older barrels. The wine underwent no malolactic fermentation and was bottled in September 2009 after stabilisation and filtration.

find our wines in :

OTHER VINTAGES

Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay