Tokara Chardonnay 2012

The wine has a brilliant golden straw colour. The nose has a stunning fresh lemon and lime zest aromas with hints of toasted brioche, lemon blossom and upfront notes of ripe yellow fruits. The palate is fresh and crisp reflecting the aromas on the nose. The wine finishes with a hint of toasted oak which just supports the fruit flavours and adds to the texture and dry crisp finish.

A perfect pairing with fish and chicken dishes or served as an aperitif.

variety : Chardonnay | 100% Chardonnay
winemaker : Miles Mossop
wine of origin : Western Cape
analysis : alc : 13.74 % vol  rs : 1.9 g/l  pH : 3.35  ta : 6.0 g/l  va : 0.34 g/l  so2 : 37 mg/l  fso2 : 37 mg/l  
type : White  style : Dry  body : Medium  taste : Fruity   wooded
pack : Bottle  closure : Screwcap  

ageing : Drink now through to 2016.

in the vineyard : 
The grapes for this wine originate from three different regions; namely Stellenbosch, Elgin and Walker Bay.

about the harvest: The vineyards crop at between 3 and 8 t/ha. The grapes were picked at optimal ripeness with sugars between 20 and 24 degrees brix and acidities ranging from 6 to 9 g/l. 

in the cellar : The grapes were de-stemmed, crushed and pressed without maceration to stainless steel tanks for overnight settling, after which the juice was racked and run to barrel with a certain percentage of lees added back. 10% of the wine fermented in stainless steel tanks while the other 90% went to small burgundy barrels for fermentation. The juice was inoculated with selected yeast and fermentation took place from anything between 15 and 35 days. The wine spent 8 months in barrel and stainless steel ageing on the gross lees with regular lees stirring. All the barrels used were French oak with 14% being new and the rest older barrels. The wine underwent no malolactic fermentation and was bottled in October 2012 after stabilisation and filtration. 115 000 bottles were produced.

find our wines in :

OTHER VINTAGES

Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay