Lanzerac Chardonnay 2017

This full-bodied Chardonnay showcases prominent primary citrus aromas on the nose followed by a complexity of flavours including lemon, clover, ginger and vanilla. The palate reveals an excellent balance between fruit, acidity and softness with a lingering aftertaste.

This elegant Chardonnay pairs beautifully with smoked salmon, white fish such as Sea bass with fennel purée, pork or simply roast chicken, creamy pasta dishes and seafood paella.

variety : Chardonnay | 100% Chardonnay
winemaker : Wynand Lategan
wine of origin : Jonkershoek Valley
analysis : alc : 14.12 % vol  rs : 3.7 g/l  pH : 3.33  ta : 6.1 g/l  
type : White  style : Dry  body : Medium  taste : Fruity   wooded
pack : Bottle  size : 750ml  closure : Cork  

AWARDS
712015 4 Star Platter's Wine Guide
2015 Gold Wine Style People's Choice Awards
2015 Silver Decanter World Wine Awards

ageing : Drink now to 2020.

in the vineyard : The Lanzerac Chardonnay 2017 was sourced from eight different vineyard blocks: D5, L1, L2, L3, L11, L12, J2 and J7 from Lanzerac and Jonkersdrift in the Jonkershoek Valley. The age of the vineyard blocks range from 3 to 22 years and consist of different clones to add complexity to the wine. These blocks are mainly from deep sandy soils and cover an area of 8.82 hectares. The yield from the vineyard blocks, situated 166m - 375 meters above sea level, was 5.01 tons/hectare. Pruning and harvesting were done by hand to ensure that only healthy and fully ripe grapes reach the cellar.

about the harvest: End of January to middle February 2017.

in the cellar : After the grapes are handpicked and transported to the cellar in bins, the grape bunches are hand sorted before destemmend and crushed. The mash is cooled by a mash cooler to approximately 15° Celsius before pressing. The pressed Chardonnay juice is allowed 48 hours to settle before the clear juice is racked of the lees. 70% of the Chardonnay was fermented in 300 litre Burgundy styled oak barrels, whilst the remaining 30% was fermented in stainless steel tanks. A combination of new, 2nd, 3rd and 4th fill barrels were used to ensure the best preservation of fruit. Each vineyard block is treated differently with different yeast regimes and fermentation. After fermentation the Chardonnay in barrels is left on the lees and batonage is done every week for 7-8 months. After approximately 9 months the Chardonnay is blended and prepared for bottling.

find our wines in :

OTHER VINTAGES

Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay