Lyngrove Reserve Chardonnay 2016

Ripe white peach and other stone fruit dominate the nose with nuances of spice and sweet melon. Hints of biscotti and honey add to the complexity and palate weight with crisp and zesty acidity ensuring balance.

Enjoy at 10° - 12° C with Seared Scallops, crispy bacon, salsa, gremolata & rocket.

variety : Chardonnay | 100% Chardonnay
winemaker : Hannes Louw
wine of origin : Stellenbosch
analysis : alc : 14.0 % vol  rs : 2.4 g/l  pH : 3.5  ta : 5.7 g/l  
type : White  style : Dry   wooded
pack : Bottle  size : 0  closure : Cork  

The inspiration behind the Reserve range is to create wines that are fuller and more complex in style. Bold use of oak plays a dominant role in adding complexity. These wines are best enjoyed with food, but good fruit /wood balance means they will also not disappoint on their own.

in the vineyard : Vines are drip-irrigated to ensure optimal ripening and trained on the 5-wire Perold trellis system. Planted in soils consisting of weathered granite on clay, the vines are situated on south facing slopes. The nearby Atlantic Ocean (False Bay) has an additional cooling effect on the vineyards during the ripening season.

about the harvest: In retrospect the season was very similar to 2015 with even less rain and drier conditions. Hot weather from mid-October through to end January restricted growth which in turn resulted in lighter bunches and concentrated berries with an average 15% decrease in yield. These conditions also led to healthier vineyards and disease free grapes with promising wines.

in the cellar : These perfectly ripe grapes were gently pressed to avoid any harsh phenols. After settling for 2 days, the juice was then racked and fermented at cool temperatures and left on the lees to enhance depth of flavour and texture. 70% of the blend was fermented in stainless steel tanks and the other 30% was fermented in older French oak barrels.

find our wines in :

OTHER VINTAGES

Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay