Lyngrove Reserve Chardonnay 2017

available in our shop
free delivery in SA when ordering 12 bottles or more

R594 for 6 bottles

R99 per bottle

Ripe white peach and other stone fruit dominate the nose with nuances of spice and sweet melon. Hints of biscotti and honey add to the complexity and palate weight with crisp and zesty acidity ensuring balance.

Enjoy at 10° - 12° C with Seared Scallops, crispy bacon, salsa, gremolata & rocket.

variety : Chardonnay | 100% Chardonnay
winemaker : Danie van Tonder
wine of origin : Stellenbosch
analysis : alc : 13.75 % vol  rs : 2.4 g/l  pH : 3.6  ta : 5.5 g/l  
type : White  style : Dry   wooded
pack : Bottle  size : 750ml  closure : Cork  

The inspiration behind the Reserve range is to create wines that are fuller and more complex in style. Bold use of oak plays a dominant role in adding complexity. These wines are best enjoyed with food, but good fruit /wood balance means they will also not disappoint on their own.

in the vineyard : Vineyard: Vines are drip-irrigated to ensure optimal ripening and trained on the 5-wire Perold trellis system. Planted in soils consisting of weathered granite on clay, the vines are situated on south facing slopes. The nearby Atlantic Ocean (False Bay) has an additional cooling effect on the vineyards during the ripening season.

Growing Season: Yet another dry season with similar amounts of rain than 2016. Mild weather from mid-October through to end January got things off at a steady pace. A couple of cool evenings during flowering resulted in less bunches/crop and unevenness at harvest. Partially through harvesting the white and early red varieties a 70mm thunder storm slowed things down for a week without too big effect on quality.

about the harvest: Harvest was completed end March with a 5% overall decrease in yield from previous year.

in the cellar : These perfectly ripe grapes were gently pressed to avoid any harsh phenols. After settling for 2 days, the juice was then racked and fermented at cool temperatures and left on the lees to enhance depth of flavour and texture. 70% of the blend was fermented in stainless steel tanks and the other 30% was fermented in French oak barrels.

OTHER VINTAGES

Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay