Mulderbosch Chardonnay 1997

This wine combines New World generosity with elegant Old World purity. A full, rich, creamy palate with concentrated pear, lightly roasted nuts, well rounded wood integration. Serve with smoked fish carpaccio, linefish, snails, seafood pasta, Thai chicken curry, roast pork, Gentse Waterzooi (Belgian chicken dish).


variety : Chardonnay | Chardonnay
winemaker : Mike Dobrovic
wine of origin : 
analysis : alc : 13.5 % vol  rs : 3.6 g/l  pH : 3.33  ta : 6.6 g/l  
type : White  
pack : Bottle  closure : Cork  

AWARDS
1992 John Platter Wine Guide ****
Gold at London Wine Challenge
1993 John Platter Wine Guide ****
Wine Magazine ****
1994 S.A.A. Selection ****
1995 John Platter Wine Guide ****
1996 John Platter Wine Guide pick of the bunch
1997 John Platter Wine Guide pick of the bunch
Wine Spectator – 15 May 1999 – 90/100 points

ageing : Even at a young age it drinks superbly, but saving some for 2001 would be very wise indeed.

about the harvest: 100% Chardonnay grapes were harvested in the early morning to ensure coolness.

in the cellar : 45% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 55% was barrel fermented predominantly 1st fill, it underwent malolactic fermentation and was left on the lees for 10 months. It was then blended and fined before bottling.

find our wines in :

OTHER VINTAGES

Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
Chardonnay